Thursday, May 3, 2012

What will be, will be

Spring has come and we are so... busy! Some happenings around the Powers' house are:

Dirt successfully brought to the back yard. Our rake broke, so we are sill smoothing and not quite ready for grass yet.



One of our hens is sitting on about 18 eggs. Her nest has so much down on it.
I can't wait for the little ones!

 We have continued to plant and dig and dig some more. Here are some of our "guilds".
 We are creating a self sustaining habitat around our trees.
Different kinds of plants are added that perform different functions.

I have been cleaning and organizing up a storm. It feels good!

Here are a few of the wonderful books I am reading right now.
Can I just say how wonderful "Large Family Logistics" is! It would be a wonderful read for any mother, or mother to be. I would go as far to say for anyone who wants to run their household efficiently.  I was so encouraged by this book written by a mother with 9 children and who has a solid biblical perspective on what that means.
"Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" lets just say there will be a post in the future about how that book is changing the way I think about food! A real joy to read!

Last, but not least, is our new car!

Let me just say that this has been a.....trial....yes. Ugh. After seeking the Lord's guidance to buy this car we went ahead and bought what seemed the best choice for us.  

We are still getting it fixed(need I say more) . Our "new" car didn't come with all the wonderful expectations we thought it would.
Somehow it seemed more magnified because of our previous year long car trial(that is still in limbo).
At the end of it all, we still praise God and thank Him for his provision, and we hope to enjoy our car for many years to come!

No comments: